In this book Tag shows you how to play ‘’From Build Up to Finish’’, providing numerous practical examples of combination play from the keeper, through defence, midfield and attack to create goal scoring opportunities.
Every tactic and practice suggested in this book has been fully tried and tested at professional academy level. Furthermore, all the likely problems and challenges you may face when implementing this philosophy are described and specific solutions are then explained in an easy to follow format. This distinguishes this book from other coaching books and makes it an invaluable resource for coaches. It’s vital to have a philosophy, but it’s equally vital to know how to turn that philosophy into reality!
We present a commitment to “playing out” from the keeper
and advancing with good possession
using coordinated movement patterns
through the 4 phases of play (Build Up, Consolidation, Incision and Finishing phases) including 40 tactical game situations
and 66 practices
As well as being structured, it is important to present players with a rich variety of options or tactical tools they can explore. In this way you empower players to make their own decisions – individually and collectively – as well as encouraging them to use their own creativity and natural attributes to best apply these methods into practice.
There are detailed chapters to outline the 4 phases of play and additional chapters for Supplementary Technical Training and Set Pieces.
40 Game Situations analysed including:
66 practices including:
- Midfield Rotation: Coordinated Movement Patterns
- Playing Out from the Back
- Creating Space to Play Through Pressure
- Creating Scoring Opportunities
- Key Attacking Runs to Finish
- Exploring “Opening Up” to Receive & One-Touch Passing
- Rotation of the Midfield 3 in a Pass & Move Practice
- Exploring the Third Man Run & the Classic One-Two Combination
- Playing Through the Thirds with Two-Way Pressure in a Zonal Possession Game
- Switching Play to Create Goal Chances in a Small Sided Game