The book includes Marcelo Bielsa’s tactics (and playing philosophy) for:
- Building up play from the back against high pressing teams
- Full analysis of his 4-2-3-1, 3-3-3-1 and 3-4-3 formations
Marcelo Bielsa’s attacking philosophy includes a mix of:
- Short and long passing
- Moving the ball to the free player through ‘link players’
- Creating numerical advantages
- Dragging opposition players out of position and exploiting the gaps created
Marcelo Bielsa is a highly respected coach and is famous for his innovative playing style, tactics and formations. He has had a massive influence on football across the world and on other top coaches, such as Pep Guardiola, Mauricio Pochettino, Jorge Sampaoli and Gerardo Martino.
The aim of the book is to use the innovative tactics of Marcelo Bielsa to provide a complete guide of how to build up play effectively against high pressing teams.